Freeman Applegate Partners is a full service consulting and construction firm headquartered in Nashville, TN. We specialize in energy efficiency and sustainable building practices, offering a turnkey solution to companies and facilities by identifying ways to cut operational expenditures, performing the construction work, and advising on long-term operations and maintenance planning. We also offer creative financing solutions, incorporating the use of specialized energy loans, private equity, tax incentives, and federal and local rebate programs.
Subscribe to our e-mail list
Construction Management & General Contracting
- Reduce overall project costs by enhanced competitive bidding, contract negotiation, value engineering, reduced change orders, reduction in time, and elimination of unnecessary scope and cost.
- Centralize communication, acting as project liaison to fully and seamlessly integrate all participants
- Advise the Client on retention of the best qualified and appropriate project team for sustainable construction
- Enhance quality control to reduce potential for defects and poor workmanship
- Provide realistic and reliable budgets for sustainable upgrades
- Optimize and accelerate the design and construction schedule
- Ensure initial budgets include sustainable features
- Preliminary energy use analysis to determine a building’s current energy and cost efficiency
- A preliminary energy use breakdown by major end uses
- Derive target energy, demand, and cost indices for a building with the same characteristics
- List of low-cost/no-cost changes with the savings for these improvements
- The potential capital improvements, with an initial estimate of potential costs and savings
Commercial/ Industrial Building Retrofits
- Building Envelope
- HVAC Replacement & Right-Sizing
- Insulation Services
- Building Management Systems
Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Consulting
Areas of Analysis:
- Labor Practices
- Human Rights
- Product Responsibility
Solar PV Consulting
- Deal Origination
- Sales and Marketing
- Project Cash Flow and Financing
- Incentives Analysis
Corporate Sustainability Plans/ Reporting
- GRI Framework
- Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
Certifications for Existing Buildings and New Construction: Consulting & Implementation
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- NAHB- National Green Building Standard (NGBS)
Bob Freeman has 12 years of experience in construction, spanning project management to development. Bob began his career in construction with Pulte Homes in the early 2000s as a land acquisitions manager. Seeing a need in the market for more sustainable construction, he transitioned to commercial construction specializing in green building. He has a Bachelor of Science in Construction from MTSU and a Master’s of Science in Green Building from Lipscomb University.
Emily Applegate has over 6 years of experience in finance and consulting, beginning her career at MorganStanley SmithBarney in New York City. She moved to Nashville to transition into consulting and pursue a passion working in energy services. Emily has spent the last two years consulting in corporate sustainability, renewables and energy efficiency. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Washington and Lee University and a Masters of Business Administration from Vanderbilt’s Owen Graduate School of Management.
She received her BS from Peabody College for Teachers of Vanderbilt University and her MS in Sustainable Enterprise from
David Lipscomb University.
She is the President of Tennessee Women In Green (TWIG), a networking organization for women committed to environmental
sustainability. She is the Secretary for the Nashville chapter of Academy of Hazardous Materials Professionals. She has been on the Metro Nashville Wastewater Hearing Authority since 2010.